Monday, December 1, 2008

Welcome to the Boardwalk Blog!

Welcome! You probably found this blog from the Beaver Boardwalk website at BeaverBoardwalk.ca. The Beaver Boardwalk is a community project located in Hinton, Alberta, Canada. Over the last three years we've built a 3.0 km wood boardwalk over wetlands in the Maxwell Lake area. In this blog I'll provide all kinds of posts about the Boardwalk and related subjects, especially those related to nature appreciation and education.

First, a little about me. I'm a professional biologist who has lived in Hinton for 21 years. I work for Hinton Wood Products as Chief Biologist and Planning Coordinator in the Woodlands Department. My job is to see that the forest managed by the company is managed for multiple values, especially biodiversity and environment. My home is not far from the Beaver Boardwalk, and I go there frequently.

No comments: